What is Unity?
Unity of Springfield is a diverse, accepting, and inclusive community that provides a path for spiritual growth. We offer practical, spiritual teachings that empower abundant and meaningful living. Here, you will find services, classes, and resources that provide practical tools to help you live a healthier, more prosperous and meaningful life.
Unity is a positive and practical approach to spiritual teaching that uses the examples and teachings of Jesus as our foundation. It is a non-denominational and deep ecumenical church and is considered a movement within New Thought, providing spiritual education for god-centered beliefs.
Unity's teachings are founded in principles rather than dogmas, doctrines, or rigid theologies. We use our principles to help us navigate personal and spiritual development.
Unity's Five Basic Principles
We encourage individuals to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation.
The Five Basic Principles of Unity are:
1. God is the Source and Creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and ever present.
2. We are spiritual beings created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
You are more powerful than you realize!
Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is...
to encourage and inspire spiritual and personal growth by empowering each other to be authentically all that we came here to be.
Our Vision is...
- To welcome & recognize all who enter the church as important and unique creations of God.
- To offer metaphysical interpretation and practical applications of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- To offer inspirational services, classes, workshops, and seminars that support the core values of Unity of Springfield.
- To offer youth education that nurtures their spiritual growth.
- To provide social events to bring families and individuals together in a loving and sharing atmosphere of fellowship.
- To have welcoming facilities that meet the needs of the church, now and in the future.
- To provide an environment that expects and appreciates volunteer service within and outside the church community.