What is Unity?
Unity of Springfield is a diverse, accepting, and inclusive community that provides a path for spiritual growth. We offer practical, spiritual teachings that empower abundant and meaningful living. Here, you will find services, classes, and resources that provide practical tools to help you live a healthier, more prosperous and meaningful life.
Unity is a positive and practical approach to spirital teaching that uses the examples and teachings of Jesus as our foundation. It is a non-denominational and deep eccumenical church and is considered a movement within New Thought, providing spiritual education for god-centered beliefs. Unity's teachings are founded in principles rather than dogmas, doctrines, or rigid theologies. We use our principles to help us navigate personal and spiritual development.
Unity's Five Basic Principles
We encourage individuals to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation.
The five basic principles of Unity are:
God is the Source and Creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and ever present.
We are spiritual beings created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
- Join us for a Sunday Morning Celebration Service. You can find out more about our 11:00 AM Sunday Service HERE.
- Join us for our World Religion & New Thought Class. For more information about this weekly class click HERE.
- Get your kids involved. Learn more about the Youth of Unity HERE.
- Take a class or workshop. Learn more about our workshops and classes HERE.
- Volunteer. You can learn more about volunteer opportunities HERE.
- Become a member of Unity of Springfield. Learn more about a path to church membership HERE.