Last December, a very important person in my life and in the life of Unity of Springfield, Harry Sparks, or as we call him, Papa Harry, made his way to the higher dimensions of life. As my sweet momma was also slipping through the thin veil of life at the same time, I hadn’t taken time to reflect on Harry’s messages he shared with us.
He wrote his autobiography, On the Care of a Fine Antique, followed by some musings he called Afterglow, which his dear friend, Pamela Brennaman, typed up. I wish to share some of his wisdom here as those of us who knew him want to follow his lead. I encourage you to take each quote and reflect on its meaning in your life.
- “I do believe all things do come out right if left to live their time.”
- “Life is not a cheap fling, but is a heartfelt trust.”
- “I can replace my present thoughts with any thought that I wish. I am in charge!”
- “Reading that I am love was the most important lesson I learned. And that’s the Truth for me!”
- “Always remember not to give away your power – instead get in touch with your own magnificence.”
- “Day to day problems never seem as big as when viewed through a veil of humor and love.”
- “Set yourself free from fear!”
- “What is God? I am now reading a book, “When Prayers are Answered” by John Holstrom. He says that God is more of a spiritual current, and if we’re not plugged in, life is very difficult.” I agree with that statement.”
- “All I know is that we are all, each and every one of us, energy. The whole universe is nothing but energy in an organized manner, and I don’t think I or anyone else ever will really understand who, what, and where God is or who, what, and where God exists.”
- “I have learned to live one day at a time.”
- “All I have is time, time to be of service to others in any way I can. I find one important thing now is to become a good listener.”
- “This too shall pass.”
The end of his book has this quote from Matthew 28:20, Jesus assures us, “And remember I am with you always, to the end of the Age.” This is Truth.
Thank you, Papa Harry, for your wisdom in helping all of us to live our best lives! We love you always!